Related Internet Sites
- Genetic Disorders (Yahoo links)
- Genetics Home Reference: Your Guide to Understanding Genetic Conditions (a service of the U.
S. National Library of Medicine)
- MendelWeb (resources for the study of the origins of classical genetics)--a lot of useful information here
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (National Center for Biotechnology Information, Johns Hopkins University)
- Human Genome Project Information (U.S. Department of Energy--extensive information about the Human Genome Project and its results)
- Myths of Human Genetics (good explanations by John McDonald of the University of Delaware about how different human traits are inherited and or influenced by environmental factors)
- What Does "Genetic" Mean (succinct description of how Mendelian inheritance works with some interesting examples; Anthro Limited Web Site)
Major Early Publications: (full text versions)
- Bateson, William: Mendel's Principles of Heredity: A Defence (1902: PDF format)
- Mendel, Gregor: Experiments in Plant Hybridization (1865; PDF format)
- Mendel, Gregor: Letters to Carl Nägeli (1866-1873; PDF format)
- Morgan, Thomas: The Mechanism of Mendelian Heredity (1915; PDF format)
- Sturtevant, Alfred: A History of Genetics (1965; PDF format)
Other Related Links:
- Journal of Human Evolution (articles on biological anthropology topics)
- MEDLINEplus Health Information (National Library of Medicine)
- Medpedia (new international online medical encyclopedia)
- PubMed (U.S. National Library of Medicine database of 9 million research article abstracts from Medline and Pre-Medline)
DISCLAIMER: The Internet links listed above take you outside of this tutorial. No representation is made concerning the content of these sites, nor do the links to these sites serve as endorsements.
Copyright © 1997-2013 by Dennis O'Neil. All rights reserved.